- Developer: BitTorrent, Inc.
- Version: 6.6.5
- Category: Video Players & Editors
- Size: 11 Mb
- Update: August 28, 2021 at 21:42
- Get it from: Play Store
If you usually use a computer to watches movies, videos or download and share files with large capacity, you should use the app utorrent. It is known to be a software that supports uploading and downloading files with an “.torrent” extension quickly. utorrent is a very special file format. Today, we would like to share with you all the information about the app utorrent. Please join us to find it out right now!
What is utorrent?
utorrent (or known as the file format * .torrent) is a file with a quite small size, only a few or a few dozen KB. The people use it to share the file in peer-to-peer (P2P) form. Thanks to this app, you can upload or download, organize the small bits of files from different sources on the website into a single file. As a result, this app is useful in transferring large files, such as music, movies, and other software data.
In recent years, utorrent has accounted for about 3.35% of the total internet access bandwidth through utorrent. Besides, it has attracted more than 170 million monthly users. They use this app to download files such as movies, books, songs, games, etc.
Besides, the app will help you greatly reduce the load for the server, while increasing the probability of success as well as reducing the waiting time for downloading. Thanks to these things, utorrent is more and more popular. Moreover, users can also download multiple files at the same time to the computer without any difficulties. This process takes place very quickly without having to wait so long as before.
The advantages and disadvantages of utorrent
- utorrent helps users move the burden of finding data you want to download to a central server, called a tracker.
- Also, it helps you to download large files at a fast speed without affecting Bandwidth. Instead of downloading a large file and waiting a long time, you can now download a light torrent file. Therefore, the app will save you much time in downloading large files without interruption.
- It helps reduce the load on traditional servers.
- Also, the app can recover files when the download is interrupted even if the interruption occurred months ago.
- The existence of data in utorrent does not depend on the server but the number of participants downloading data via Torrent. Simply, the task of downloading utorrent data is much faster and more stable than other applications.
- Moreover, utorrent allows users to search easily for free.
- If the data server is down, no one can download anything anymore. For utorrent, if one sharing source is off, there will be other sources for users to download.
- You can continue to download the file if the computer is “restarted” or “shutdown” when the download process is not complete. At this point, you do not need to download from the beginning.
- This app includes most of the features that users expect with highly detailed statistics. Also, it supports for RSS feeds, automatic shutdowns, scheduling downloads and more. During the download process, if you have any problems interrupting, this app will quickly recover the data.
- Besides, the app has a small size thanks to the file compression method. Also, when you start the program, it automatically decompresses to work. However, the app still has all the features of a professional downloading program, such as download speed, upload, and create the linked files. In particular, utorrent features intelligent bandwidth that will greatly increase your work efficiency and save a lot of time.
- utorrent cannot manage the content of a file, so people often use it to share data with illegal content. The risk of virus infection is also higher when using utorrent.
- Also, the download speed of a utorrent depends on the number of seeders participating.
- Internet bandwidth (transmission line) will be greatly affected while using utorrent software.
- If no one shares the file, you will not be able to download it.
- Everyone who downloads the file that you are sharing can see the IP address of your device. They are both network providers and copyright organizations. If you share a copyrighted file, you risk being sued. Therefore, we recommend that you use a VPN to download torrent files that can help you anonymize and avoid network attackers.
- First, utorrent is popular with a large number of downloading and sharing users. But this means that it is easy for bad guys to put malicious code in shared files, which makes the virus spread. At this point, users should download torrent files from reputable sources, install antivirus on your computer. However, you have to be cautious with “.exe” or “.bat” files because they are often associated with scripts to install malicious malware on your computer.
- Second, users should always download a torrent file with a lot of Seeders.
- Third, we recommend maintaining the UD 1: 1 ratio, but it is not required.
- Fourth, users should use popular torrent file searching tools to find and download the best file.
- Fifth, utorrent allows you to download and upload at the same time. When a Leecher has finished downloading, you should automatically switch to Seeder and the remaining Leecher will have a faster download speed.
Instructions on how to download torrent files for Android operating systems
utorrent allows users to download almost any type of file to an Android device. Not every file will work on Android. However, downloading torrent files on Android devices is easy and simple as long as you have a stable internet connection. Below we would like to show you how the app works on Android.
Step 1: To download torrents to your Android device, you need to install utorrent file processing software and connect with other users. At this point, you can download the utorrent app at the end of this article.
Step 2: At this step, users open the utorrent file processing application. After that, you can check the settings before proceeding to download the file.
Step 3: Open the menu by selecting the ⋮ or ☰ icon and selecting Settings.
Step 4: You find the “Bandwidth” section and you can limit the upload and download speed in this section. In utorrent, users can set download only when connected to Wi-Fi. On Flud, you can find Wi-Fi settings in the “Power management” menu.
Step 5: Users can set the download address. In the “Storage” menu, you can select the directory where the downloaded files are stored.
Step 6: Find the torrent file to download. Then, you can download the file to your computer. utorrent consumes data very quickly, you should only download torrent with Wi-Fi. Lots of different torrent sites and have to change frequently due to suspicious legal status. Therefore, you should type in the search engine of utorrent the name of the file you want to find.
Step 7: You can search for files directly by using the searching bar of the utorrent application. Also, users can get the torrent link from another user. After that, you can paste into the link section. The app will automatically download the files you want.
Step 8: Click on confirm you want to download the file. Before downloading, users can rename the file and select a different storage location. Then, you click the “+” button to add the file to the download list.
Step 9: Finally, the download speed depends on the connection speed and other network factors. Also, the download time depends on the file size. You can keep track of the process on the utorrent application screen until the installation is finished. After finishing the download, you can choose to open the folder containing the downloaded file or open the file to launch the application and check the downloaded data file.
Thanks to utorrent, downloading or uploading large files become simpler and easier. We can download multiple files at the same time to the computer without any difficulty. Therefore, it can be said that utorrent is the most effective and popular supporting software for work or entertainment. With the above article, we hope you will have a better understanding of the concept, features, and ways to download torrent files for your device. Good luck!